- Custom Indicators are user defined indicators/indices which you can define/derive by combining multiple predefined indicators together with mathematical operations.
- For an example, if you want to create a new custom indicator, which should give you "Population per sq. km of agriculatural land"
, then you can simply specify the name as you wish like "Population per sq. km of agriculatural land" and then specify the formula for the same.
In this case population per sq. km of agricultural land can be achived with division of two predefined indicators Population, total and Agricultural land (sq. km).
For this, you can mention the formula as #Population, total#/#Agricultural land (sq. km)#.
Please note that the predefined indicators are required to be enclosed between two # symbols.
- The above example is very basic and simple; in practice you can create much more complex custom indicator.
- You can find some sample syntax examples of formulas below:
1. POW( #Urban population# ,2) + POW( #Rural population#, 2) / SIN( #Goods imports (BoP, current US$)# - #Service imports (BoP, current US$)#)
2. IF( #Trade in services (% of GDP)# < 10, #Income payments (BoP, current US$)#, #Goods imports (BoP, current US$)#)
- Below is the list of function/operators that can be used in the formulas
Function/Operator Description + Addition - Substraction * Multiplication / Division % Modulo(Remainder) POW(X,Y) X raised to power Y SQRT(X) Square Root ABS(X) Absolute EXP(X) e Raise to Power LN(X) Natural Log LOG(X) Natural Log LOG10(X) Base 10 Log LOG2(X) Base 2 Log MOD(X,Y) Modulo() IV(X,Y) Integer Division SIN(X) Sine COS(X) Cosine TAN(X) Tangent COT(X) Cotangent PI() PI Value DEGREES(X) Radian to Degree RADIANS(X) Degree to Radian ACOS(X) Arc Cosine ASIN(X) Arc Sine ATAN(X) Arc Tangent ATAN(X,Y) Arc Tangent ATAN2(X,Y) Arc Tangent GREATEST(X1,X2,..) Maximum LEAST(X1,X2,..) Minimum IF(exp1,exp2,exp3) If exp1 then exp2 else exp3 IFNULL(exp1,exp2) If exp1 is null then exp2 else exp1 RAND() Random 0.0 t0 1.0 > Greater Than < Less Than = Equal >= Greater Than or Equal <= Less Than or Equal CEIL(X) Ceiling FLOOR(X) Floor ROUND(X) Round the Number